Skip to main content

Who we are?

My name is Diego Zúñiga, and I was born and raised in the country of Costa Rica. I went to college to study Veterinary Medicine which took me 6 years of hard, dedicated study. Also, to help me to pay for my education, I worked as a dog trainer and as an independent executive in a network marketing company. All of these were before I truly met God.

I had regular dreams and goals: getting my degree, finding a good job, starting my own business and living the "good life". 

By the end of 2014 I started working with an NGO called Seeds of Hope, where they teach and mentor kids and teenagers who live in very difficult neighborhoods. There, I met God in April of 2015, and I understood that my purpose was not to save dogs and inseminate cows, but it was something greater, bigger, that God had intended for me.

When I met the kids in the neighborhood of “El Tigre“ in Parrita, a rural community on the Pacific coast, I just fell in love with them and their dreams of a better future, even in the middle of nowhere, where not even hope is invited to come.

For the first time, I genuinely felt the love of Christ through my love for these kids and their families; because I love them no matter what they do, how they look, or how bad people think they are. I just feel compelled to bring Christ, and the promise of a better-newer-complete life with Him to these kids.

Due to the lack of opportunities, jobs, and motivation in the whole community I decided to create “El Aposento“, a safe place for the youth to gather and hang-out with their friends, far from drugs, violence, and evilness. Also, it is a source of employment and provides needed services. It is in the center of the community so it is accessible for all. Traveling to the downtown area is very complicated and can take hours due to poor public transportation.

God has being really clear to me and has showed me how much a kid's life can change, just by your love, patience, shepherding and discipleship. One kid is all you need to change a family, and one family is all you need to change a whole community. 

That's why we also started doing youth groups. It is a time get together and share the word of God and worship His name. This has brought these teenagers to a closer relationship with Jesus.

Please keep praying for us and all the kids, as we continue to love them and bring Christ to their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Aposento Alto

A Community Center providing a safe place for youth and families in Costa Rica that reflects the love of God and is a light within the community.

El Aposento at Night

We desire to be a city on a hill. A bright light shining in the darkness. “You are the light of the world.  A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.   Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.   In the same way, let your light shine before others,  that they may see your good deeds  and glorify  your Father in heaven. ~Matthew 5:14-16